Sunday 20 March 2011

An update

I'm about to embark on a new project that I'd like to record on my blog, so I'd better do an update to fill in all the gaps since last summer. A lot has happened, so here are the main bits.











We had a lovely summer and autumn, and enjoyed watching the farm and fields going through all the changes of the seasons.







Christmas was just around the corner when my little Charlie was knocked down and killed by a van on the farm track at the back of the house. I was devastated and moved out that day. I stayed at my mum and dad's for two months (it also didn't help that the boiler burst, and I was without water for all of that time). I very nearly gave up on the house altogether then, I could hardly bear to come home. I'm glad I did in the end, but it was miserable all alone.


So I got two new kittens, Pixie and Willow, to come and live with me. I can never replace Charlie, he was a very unique little cat, but he left such a void in my little world. I would like to keep these two as indoor cats. They will certainly be staying indoors until they are spayed at six months, and if they show no interest in going out after that I'll be very happy.


And so we've slowly gotten back to normal. Spring is slowly bringing the garden back to life, and the nights are getting brighter.



I've made some improvements to the garden, including the addition of a raised bed for veg.


My new plans have to do with the garden, but more on that next time!



Carrie xx


P.S. I finished my blanket!!



4 comments:

  1. HEELLLOOOOOOO!!!!! Glad to see you again. So sorry to hear about Charlie. He was certainly a very beautiful cat. Our pets are SO important to us in the big scheme of life, aren't they. Your little kittens look absolutely adorable. So pleased to feel you are are back on the right track again It must be Spring! Your blanket is fabulous!!!!!!! Ros and Oscar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie,
    It's so wonderful to hear from you again. I'm so sorry about your kitty, poor little thing. It's devastating to lose a pet, they are such a part of our families. Your new little kitties look gorgeous snuggled up together and I'm sure they will be happy to stay inside and play with each other. Your blankets is beautiful, I just love the colours.
    Hope to hear again from you soon,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Carrie,
    Its so great to see you back again.
    I'm really sorry to hear about Charlie, I know how I'd feel if anything happened to Coco.
    Those two new little cuties look like they'll keep you busy though!!
    Looooove your blanket, bet its been very useful this winter!!
    Looking forward to seeing more of you on here soon.
    Love Em xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!! I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie. Your new kittens are gorgeous!, look at those wee faces!! Your blanket is lovely, and I hope they don't steal it. ;)

    ReplyDelete